MyKU is intended for students to use for scheduling classes, making payments and managing their accounts. This site is used widely by the student body of Kutztown University nearly every day. To make this site more user friendly, an extensive redesign took place including everything from finding pain sources and site mapping, to user testing and site mapping, to mock-ups and designs.
I started by taking notes while experiencing the sites current scheduling process. We then made a process flow, which we continued to add to as we progressed through the assignment. Included in this are examples of online stores that we believed to have good ordering systems.
We grouped up and produced a bulleted list of problem areas and solutions for the redesign of the site. I began the creation of a Master Process Flow that in the next part. Stay out of the way
Next I designed wireframes/mock-ups that met certain requirements. I made revisions, then finalized the mock-ups for desktop and mobile. Following this I proceeded to conduct user testing. This allowed me to see problem areas.
Once the test site was complete, I tested the following with a group of individuals ranging from basic to moderate internet and phone usage.
Below is a design that follows the user's needs and also cleans up some of the areas user's ran into problems. Overall this design was much more user friendly and catered towards what they needed most.
For Educational Purposes Only